Friday 25 March 2011

Bye Bye RD

So my Dominican Republic experience has come to an end. The last few weeks have gone very quickly. I spent most evenings this week at Cristian's house, savouring the food and banter for one last time. It's amazing how well we get along. Looking back, I think we were a little reserved at first; but now we're cracking jokes and just generally having a good laugh. 

My friendship with Victor has likewise grown. Having developed these relationships makes it difficult for me to want to leave. Last night I went for dinner at Victor's and we all had a sing-song. His 3 year old son's dancing was brilliant. Michel and Maite were there too to see me off, which was really nice. 

Last Saturday was my big send off. Cristian and I bought a gallon of rum and once again made our strawberry concoction, which I've discovered is called 'Papi no te vaya'. Suffice to say, we drunk rather a lot. I won't go into details, but towards the end of the night I spent large periods of time on the floor, and the following morning, I woke up 6 hours later than intended. In other words, a good night! 

I'm now in Punta Cana, on the other side of the island, home to the best beaches in the country. I thought I would allow myself some time in the sun; only about 15 minutes of course. I keep telling myself that there is plenty of time to tan, I just have to avoid burning wherever possible. Slow and steady wins the race!!

Anyway, I've had a great time here; it doesn't feel like I've spent more than 2 months here. Off to Chile tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment