Monday 14 November 2011

The King And All Of His Men

I have been introduced to a new song. It is a song that that has immediately become an integral part of my life and evokes a powerful response in me. Excitement courses through my veins as the introduction begins and the musical genius that is Wolf Gang sparks into life. The guitar, drums, piano and synthesiser expertly complement Max Mcelligott's vocals.

The lyric: "I need to see her face for one last time" generates a desire in me to go out and do something crazy or reckless. It's as if time is precious and important things must be done. The fact that I still feel this, a fortnight after I first heard the song, amazes me. Wolf Gang have managed to create a song which can inspire me over and over again. If I have a crucial decision to make, I will listen to this song and it will help me make that choice; not necessarily the correct decision, but a decision nonetheless.

Basically, I am rambling. I just love this song. But only once a twice a year do I find a song that I love this much, so I have worthy cause for excitement. Fortunately, the rest of the album, 'Suego Faults', is similarly fantastic. Seize the day; listen to the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZLv36LvRo8

No comments:

Post a Comment