Saturday 29 January 2011

Guetta

Oh. My. God. Incredible. Just incredible. Victor picked me up from my hotel at 9 30. We queued for about half an hour and weren't in until about 10 30. The warm up DJ played for quite a while and I was thinking how soon is now? I wanna see some guetta! At 1 45 he came on, 10000 people cheering and screaming. A lone figure on a collosal stage with awesome lighting displays- it was one of the most epic things I've ever seen... He played the classics and some new stuff, including one he wrote on the plane on the way over. All his changes were so seamless, everything just worked! It was hard getting over just how good he was. Everyone was really getting into it; one love uniting us. When Guetta is playing I just wanna go crazy, and when love takes over, this club can't handle me on the dancefloor.. It was actually a go-karting track which I absolutely loved! At 4 we headed back, savouring the memories of an incredible night.. (excuse the puns)    

It was then that i discovered that we work on saturdays here. It meant i got 3 hours sleep which was perfect. It would have been more, but Victor insisted we stop for food at 4 30. Apparently, it's the done thing over here... We were talking about music and it turns out he's a big fan of Maroon 5 and Jamiroquai, as well as David Guetta obviously. He then told me  about the big music names over here. Salsa is the most popular music; in fact the way people are hinting, I'm going to have to learn some dance moves... They also have 'reggaeton' which is a sort of dance pop reggae thing and something called 'bachata'.  

The other day, Cristian introduced me to his neighbour. The area he lives in is a massive network of alleyways crammed full with as many houses as possible. There were about 10 people in the living room, so we went and sat on the front porch with his friend Sindy. We seemed to be in the middle of a thoroughfare; loads of people walked past and both of my hosts seemed to know everyone! "Oh look, there's Herman from work", or "that's Mario- he's gay." Half the people popped into the house as well and I was starting to wonder just how many people lived there!

The good news is that my Spanish is really improving. People have commented on how they can actually have conversations with me now. The guys at work are asking questions about life in England now, mostly about how much everything costs and how attractive the girls are. To be honest, I don't think they're interested in anything else..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maz! So nice to see you're having such a wicked time, keep updating the blog :) see you soon(...ish) Bethany xx

    ReplyDelete